Home EDITORIAL PUBG Addiction takes a Deadly Turn

PUBG Addiction takes a Deadly Turn

0
PUBG Addiction takes a Deadly Turn
PUBG: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

The wildly growing sensation of the online mobile game PUBG has finally proven to be fatal.

A young man from the Chhindwara district in Madhya Pradesh drank acid mistaking it to be water, since he was so deeply engrossed in playing the game.


ALSO READ: ‘Maharashtra High Court’ hasn’t banned PUBG Mobile game


He was immediately rushed to the hospital where a surgery was performed on his intestines. Fortunately, his condition is now out of danger.

The man under discussion, who shall remain nameless as per family’s request, endured gastric outlet obstruction and lost 5-6 kgs.

This life-threatening experience did not seem to move him at all as he was still found playing the game even while recovering.

It is worth noting that this is not the first case reported in response to PUBG addiction.

The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) have outlined over 120 cases of PUBG addiction in 2018 in India alone.

While concerns were raised by parents regarding this, the PUBG developers have released a new feature imposing a digital lock for minors which could only be accessible to the guardians.

This new feature is introduced in a hope to reduce the screen-time of users.

As an effort by the government to curb or reduce the time spent on these online games, it has announced new controls on the number of games that could be played online.


You may also like to Read:

Tips for Note Making in Class 12th 2019


Picture Credit: Google Images

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here