Predominantly, the infrastructure of Delhi University colleges can be rated as, “Average”. Since, except a few, all the colleges under DU have small campuses. However, the positive thing to notice is that the infrastructure is under construction of many colleges and there are high chances of improvement of all the colleges in the upcoming years.
The infrastructure of Delhi University colleges summarised below by dividing it into different categories –
1) Recreational facilities such as common rooms, canteen, playgrounds, auditorium and such other facilities are in the extremely bad condition. So, it is reasonable to rate it, “Highly dissatisfied”.
2) Academics consists of library and wi-fi which are not up to par. Thus, rating should be, “Dissatisfied”.
3) Sanitation comprises of washroom, ventilation and cleanliness which are good enough. Hence, rational rating for sanitation is, “Satisfied”.
4) Infrastructure such as classrooms, sitting arrangements, lighting, water cooler, medical and parking facilities are awesome. Therefore, “Highly satisfied” is the foremost rating for infra.
10 DU colleges having the best Infrastructure are enumerated below –
1) St Stephen’s College having the old infrastructure but good maintenance makes it shine now as well.
2) Shri Ram College of Commerce grabs everyone’s attention because of its well established building and impressive auditorium.
3) Miranda House have phenomenal campus built in British architectural style.
4) Zakir Hussain College is known for it’s labs and updated library.
5) SGTB Khalsa College have air conditioned classrooms.
6) Jesus and Mary College is well known for it’s appealing infrastructure with sizeable classrooms.
7) Sri Guru Govind Singh College of Commerce possesses ravishing red brick building which is it’s unique quality.
8) Bhim Rao Ambedkar College comprises of new and well planned Infrastructure.
9) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is known for its huge sports ground and massive library.
10) Maharaja Agrasen College is well furnished with top-notch laboratories.
However, few colleges like Satyawati, Aryabhatta, Swami Shraddhanand are not up to par in terms of basic amenities.
Most importantly, it is required to remember that there are many colleges which do not allure with it’s infra but they are well known for academics and co-curricular activities. So, infrastructure should not be the only criteria while choosing any college. One is required to do genuine investigation before getting admission otherwise you may regret later on.