Most of the guys want to go on a trip but ultimately they cancel that idea because of having tight budget. So, here are five budget destinations to visit in India that will not only be friendly on your wallet but also give you one heck of a travel experience –
- Darjeeling – Popularly recognised as Land of Thunderbolt and the Queen of Hills. It’s been one of the most favourite destinations for traveling. It is known for phenomenal views, huge gardens, waterfalls, temples, museums and enthral view of spectacular Kanchenjunga. Moreover, one cannot forget the experience of having sip of Darjeeling tea. Stay options are also affordable since they start from INR 400 and the food is as cheap as INR 150 for two.
- Udaipur – It’s a nice, homey city which you can entirely explore with your friends. It is known as White City or City of Lakes since it provides blend of mesmerizing places and lakes. You will fall in love with yummy dal, bati, churma. Moreover, street foods are extremely delicious and stay prices start at INR 400 per night for shared bedchamber. Most importantly, do not forget to visit Vintage car museum.
- Pondicherry – Here you will get hotels for any budget, comfortable cottage are available at INR 300 and free stay is allowed in Ashrams. If you want to enjoy fully then arrange bikes or scooters. Best time to visit there is November to February, since marvellous weather makes it effortless to walk through beautiful French colonies, churches and beaches. Make sure that you visit Cobblestonned Streets during the day and enjoy the beach in the evening. Also, you will enjoy French food at affordable prices. Besides, do not forget to visit 400-year old Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple which is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and has over 40 spectacular wall-paintings.
- Itanagar – Situated at the foothills of Himalayas, Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh. Here you will find innumerable place to get peace and enjoy the aura of nature. Its Ganga Lake and Buddhist Temple will definitely fascinate you. Do not miss the visit to Jawaharlal Nehru College there. Although, stay is little bit costly which is around INR 1k but food is extremely economical as you need to spend only INR 150 per meal.
- McLeod Ganj – It’s a suburb of Dharmshala in Himachal Pradesh. One of the best trekking places in India for novice and they learn the same with having mesmerizing views. It’s an adventurous cum economical trip. Train way is extremely cheap to go there and with that you will enjoy landscapes on the way. Moreover, you will find delicious Chinese Cuisine merely at INR 100 and stay prices are also modest as INR 200 to 500.