Yesterday, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad’ held two rallies simultaneously at Delhi University’s Arts Faculty and South Campus Main Gate respectively, in which thousands of students from different colleges of Delhi University raised their demands.
At these rallies, ABVP told about its struggles during all through the year and raised it’s voice against the University Administration regarding the demands unfulfilled so far. ABVP raised the following demands:
- Concessional passes for students traveling by metro, one student, one card for all students
- gynecologist availability at college health centers
- supplementary examination option for students of UG
- free education for transgenders centralized admission forms for postgraduate hostels
- attendance benefits for sports and ECA students
- construction of new hostels
- rollback of fee hike in colleges and hostels
- student representation in academic council etc.
Addressing the students, Delhi State Secretary of ABVP, Sidharth Yadav said, “For the last several years, ABVP has been fighting on campus to meet these demands in students’ interest. Due to acute shortage of hostels, students face a lot of problems, new hostels should be constructed fast. At the same time, we have raised the issue of fee waiver through today’s rally so that transgender students can also get education. We hope that the voice of the students will be heard by the university administration and our demands will be met soon. ”
Shriniwas , National Joint-organising Secretary of the ABVP said, “The colleges and university campuses of Delhi University should be accessible to every student so that every student can turn their hopes into reality. There is a need to develop the necessary facilities and infrastructure in proportion to the students’ number. ”
State Joint Secreties of ABVP Nitin Kumar, Partha Rana, Himanish Rana and student leaders including Shivangi Kharwal, Akshit Dahiya, Yogit Rathi, Jaideep Mann, Tushar Adha, Pradeep Tanwar, Mansi, etc also presented in these rallies .