Law graduate from SRCC college and former finance minister Arun Jaitely passed away on Saturday. He was admitted to AIIMS for a while due to his prolonged illness.
He was a senior BJP leader, a scholar, a stalwart and was regarded as “Chanakya” among the cabinet ministers of BJP. He was considered an amicable personality and was very close to PM Narendra Modi.
Let’s have a close look at the inspirational life of Arun Jaitley:
Jaitley was born on December 28, 1952.
His family constitutes of his wife Sangeeta, son Rohan and daughter Sonali Jaitley.
His early education was at St. Xavier’s School (1960-69).
He was a graduate in commerce from Shri Ram College of Commerce (University of Delhi) DU.
His completion of law degree from SRCC ended in 1977.
In 1974, he was elected as the President of Delhi University’s Student Union.
During Emergency, he spent more than 19 months in Delhi.
At the University, Jaitley became a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
Accomplishments of Arun Jaitley :
· He became the additional solicitor general under the VP Singh Regime (1989).
· He was also a member of Rajya Sabha since 2000.
· During the Government of BJP led National Democratic Alliance (NDA), he was appointed for various ministerial posts.
· He was appointed as a Finance Minister during the regime of the Modi Government (2014).
· He was also given the post of Minister of Information and Broadcasting between 2014 and 2016.
· The Monumental reforms of GST and IBC was Arun Jaitley’s Brainchild.
· He was well versed in politics, law, and finance. He was a “multi-faceted” personality.
A wave of profound grief blew in India after the demise of Arun Jaitley. Leaders across India are paying tribute to such an impeccable Personality. He will always be remembered.
May his soul rest in peace.
You may also like to Read:
Picture Credit: Google Images