Seeing the muggy conditions of Hostels, students of Deen Dayal Upadhaya College, University of Delhi are in a fix and thus the students are on the protest. The complaints of students include vitiate hostel facilities, dearth of potable drinking water as well as non-operational Wi-Fi services. Compromise is made even in food quality which is the basic necessity furthermore, even after such a pathetic situation, students are not permitted to order food from other sources such as online after 10 PM. According to students the norms of Girls’ hostel are more stringent than in Boys’ which points the finger towards inequality and sexism in the campus.
According to Students following grievances should be looked into:
- The water facility of the hostel is below par so much so that many illness cases have been reported.
- The curtailed timing for entry and exit to the hostel is not more than a sort of a curfew.
- Also, the unnecessary strict rules for the hostel students needs to be abolished.
- The students also demanded that the library timings need to be expanded for those residing in the campus hostel.
- Among all the complaints the issue of impaired Wi-Fi connection is a prime concern, the students alleged that the Wi-Fi is not functional since the beginning of the session thus the students have to pay a hefty amount for its restoration
The Principal of Deen Dayal Upadhaya College, Hem Chand Jain, orchestrated a meeting with the protesting students and guaranteed that the demands of students would be looked into and the desirable solutions will be provided for the same which led to the termination of protest. Mr. Jain said that the Wi-Fi facility would be restored within 2 days as he himself has contacted the University of Delhi.