Overseas internships serve as a phenomenal avenue to completely explore the scope of the field, in which you want to make a career. While working in foreign organizations, you will be able to remove all your insecurities of connecting with people from different backgrounds, culture, and upbringing. Moreover, it will act like, “Cherry on the cake” for your resume.
If you are keen to know the best ways of applying in such internships, then go through the following points –
1. Solicit directly – You can directly bid for overseas internships through online resources like internshala.com. It’s a bit difficult task since you need to navigate through a number of sites for finding a suitable one. Protip for you guys is, try to apply in small companies. As working at a smaller company gives you specialized attention and they are more generous in payment.
Here is a complete list of websites and portals to find internships abroad –
- AIESEC (www.aiesec.in)
- Work Your Way Around The World
- The Intern Group
- Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS)
- Global Vision International (GVI)
- American Scandinavian Foundation
2. Placement Providers – An internship placement provider is a company that will for a fee, match you with an internship in the field and country of your choice. Sometimes, they will also provide services like airport pickup, visa assistance, and housing though you will be paying more for these extras.
Using a provider takes some of the stress out of the logistics of interning abroad and Allows you to focus on getting the most out of your experience. Examples of third party program providers are connect-123.com, barcelonasae.com, crccasia.com.
3. Volunteer – This is the perfect way to develop your career, add unique skills to your CV and expand your horizons and experiences for life. This comprises of teaching abroad, construction work, odd jobs in various cafes, and such other things. It’s the most lucrative opportunity since industry experts will train and develop your skills in the chosen field. You can apply for it, through iVO (iVolunteer Overseas) program.
4. Apply via University Medium – For this, you need to reach out to Career Adviser or Placement Officers in your college or university, work with professional career advisors and consultants.
To join the top company, students have to go through a small process of recruitment so that they could be recognized and appraised accordingly. The procedure of joining as an intern varies from company to company but the main aim of every company is to work with the best minds.