Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is an initiative of the University at the Institute of life-long learning. As we become more familiar with the language of the internet, we find just how much it pervades our daily lives in the dot.com age. Earlier, learning was the passive process but with the advent of e-learning, “learning has become more effective since now it’s an active process.”
Although e-learning has helped DU students in innumerable ways, some of them are –
- It provides most valuable content since lessons are developed by highly qualified faculty members across the universities and are continually edited and reviewed, primarily by discipline expert fellows employed to edit, oversee and co-ordinate the content.
- The content goes through several levels of rigorous peer-reviewing and academic vetting to ensure quality and standardization thus the content is highly effective for understanding as well as retaining various concepts.
- The best part is that VLE also contains multimedia repository in the form of audio, video and short films to expose students to new technology in pedagogy.
- Moreover, this framework provides a host of collaborative tools based on Web2 to cope with the various needs of the teaching and learning community since it allows 2-way communication in which students can raise doubts and they get responses from expert faculties.
- It also allows learning anytime, anywhere access. And, it can be accessed on mobile, tablet or desktop. So, it is the most convenient way of learning.
- E-learning increases retention rates up to 60%, that is why it is preferred by most of the guys.
- Extremely tempting thing about e-learning is that it saves computation time, thus guys can make use of such time in doing some productive works or for pursuing their hobbies side by side.
- Students can learn at their own speed. There is no need to match the speed of other students.
- Furthermore, scholars can learn as per their needs or interest. They don’t have to worry about what other students want to study.
- Lastly, it enhances the computer and internet skills of the students which are the foremost requirement for a bright future.