Nowadays, we come up with the news where several commuters have to pay hefty fines for not following rules. A biker fined 24,000 rupees for breaking road rules in Delhi NCR and an additional 5,000 rupees for not wearing a helmet. That is a total of half the price of the vehicle he was driving. At another leading example, a truck driver fined in Gurugram for INR 59,000 for driving without license and registration, violating air pollution norms & driving dangerously.
And, we all know college youths are master in breaking traffic norms. Now, guys, it is up to you to decide one choice out of these two, that is, either follow traffic rules otherwise pay these hefty challans.
So, here is a complete list of new penalties –
- General infraction – Rs. 500
- Rules of road regulation violation – Rs. 500
- Travel without tickets – Rs. 500
- Disobedience of orders of authorities – Rs. 2000
- Unauthorized use of vehicles without licence – Rs. 5000
- Driving without licence – Rs. 5000
- Driving despite disqualification – Rs. 10,000
- Oversize vehicles – Rs. 5000
- Over speeding – Rs. 1000 for LMV and Rs. 2000 for Medium passenger vehicle.
- Dangerous driving penalty – Upto Rs. 5000
- Drunken driving – Rs. 10,000
- Speeding / Racing – Rs. 5000
- Vehicle without permit – Upto Rs. 10,000
- Aggregators (Violations of licencing conditions) – Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1,00,000
- Overloading – Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 2000 per extra tonne.
- Overloading of passengers – Rs. 1000 per extra passenger.
- Seat belt – Rs. 1000
- Overloading of two wheelers – Rs. 2000, Disqualification for 3 months for licence.
- Helmets – Rs. 1000, Disqualification for 3 months for licence.
- Not providing way for emergency vehicles – Rs. 10,000
- Driving without insurance – Rs. 2000
- Offences by Juveniles – Guardian / owner shall be deemed to be guilty. Rs. 25,000 with 3 years imprisonment. Registration of motor vehicle to be cancelled.
- Power of officers to impound documents – Suspension of driving licences u/s 183, 184, 185, 189, 190, 194C, 194D, 194E.
- Offences committed by enforcing authorities – Twice the penalty under the relevant section.