112 SOS app is a mobile app that is a part of the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), a Government of India initiative.
It has been in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand only. The App will be launched soon in the rest of the states.
This app provides help to the person in distress. Users can seek assistance from the local emergency service delivery department. This app will send user’s details and information and to the local information along with a call to “112” to the “emergency control room” of the respective state and to their emergency contact. This app will alert the local volunteers nearby if available. The Volunteer will get an alert in audible sound/visual alert on their smartphone. The volunteer can mark their consent and then this app will send volunteer’s photos and information to the person in distress.
Main Highlights :
- Providing a single panic app across the country for addressing citizen emergencies.
- Providing 24 x 7, efficient and effective response system, which can involve local volunteers from citizens to provide efficient emergency response service
- Timely dispatch of field resources (police, health, fire & disaster management) to the location of incidence using the system.
- Integration with existing emergency response systems.
- It aims to make the operations citizen-friendly, more transparent, and efficient and provides citizen profile management and feedback mechanisms.
- It will also help to keep track of the progress of incidents and the services delivered taking emergency services to the next level.
Picture Credit: Google Images